our Careers programme
The Careers department aims to provide relevant, timely and comprehensive Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance to students across all levels. We have an open door, flexible programme designed support students at each step of the way.
- 1:1 hour long appointments with the Careers Advisor. Appointments are available in person, or online.
- Drop -in sessions
- Support at enrolment and to students wishing to change course
- Dedicated sessions for students with an Education Health Care Plan or are in Care / Care Leavers
- UCAS and Personal Statement support
- Students who have left college can still access the Careers service, and can receive support with their UCAS application
Uni connect/ SUN:
- Students eligible for support from Uni Connect/ the Southern University Network will receive personalised support.
College Tutorial Programme
Careers is embedded across the whole College wide Tutorial Programme. Students enjoy sessions on:
- Employability, CV writing and Interview Skills
- Career Exploration
- UCAS application process
- UCAS application, and Personal Statement
- Student Finance
- Careers department introduction
Employer and industry talks:
- We work closely with a network of employers, universities, and professional bodies to provide talks, and industry information sessions.
- A Great Big Careers Day is held at each campus and is an extravaganza of employer talks and industry insight sessions. If you are interested in taking part, please contact us on: Careersevents@sparsholt.ac.uk
- Uni Bound – The Higher Education Progression Day
- Unifrog, eClips and Pathways Career platforms.
- Career pages on the college intranet systems
- During times of social restriction, employer and industry events are recorded to ensure all students can benefit from these sessions.
Support to Parents:
- Parents have access to unifrog; the ‘form code’ is available via the Parent Portal
- Questions? Parents are welcome to contact the Careers department via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- There is more information on our dedicated Parents Career page.
- UCAS reference writing training
- Unifrog access and training
- Linking curriculum to Careers
- Support with internal progression events