Sparsholt College Group, Incorporating Sparsholt College, Andover College, University Centre Sparsholt and the Corporate College has been a leader in delivering further education for over 100 years, with an unrivalled national and international reputation. Each cornerstone of our organisation serves to deliver the college’s mission, which is ‘To inspire learners to recognise and achieve their full potential’.
The College Group comprises the following:
Sparsholt College is a specialist land-based college, recognised locally, regionally, nationally and internationally for providing outstanding education in the land and environment, sustainable technology and sport and outdoor education.
University Centre Sparsholt is a key national and international provider recognised as a leading institution for specialist higher land-based education. We are validated by the University of Portsmouth for our qualification suite ranging from Foundation and Undergraduate degrees to Master’s.
Andover College, including both the 6th form centre and Professions centre is integral to the Andover community providing a vibrant range of academic and vocational courses with a strong focus on learner achievement and progression into higher education or skilled employment.
Our members of staff are our greatest asset, bringing values of Excellence, passion, teamwork, integrity, innovation, sustainability, valuing others and supportiveness to our teams. Whether you’re employed in a business support category or a teaching capacity, everyone has a role in helping this college to be successful.
Sparsholt College Group is proud to be participating in the new government Kickstart initiative. This new scheme from the government aids people aged 18 – 24, who are currently in receipt of Universal Credit and are at risk of long-term unemployment. It offers a paid 6 months’ work experience placement. Find out more here.
We offer three different pension schemes:
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme: All academic staff are eligible to participate in this Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme: non-academic staff employed by the college are eligible to join the LGPS
- NEST: staff employed by Sparsholt College Services Ltd are eligible to join this Scheme
The leave year runs from 01 August to 31 July. Leave entitlements are pro-rated for part-time staff.
Academic staff: 42 days plus bank holidays
Business Support Staff: The holiday entitlement on commencement depends on the grade of the post (grade 3 or 4: 22 days and grade 5 to 8: 23 days) plus bank holidays. Holiday entitlement increases to 25/27 days, dependent upon grade, after 5 years’ service.
Non-academic staff are eligible to Purchase Additional Annual Leave via a salary sacrifice arrangement
Other Benefits Include:
- Free on-site parking
- Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
- Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
- Flexible Working Policy
- Access to an Employee Assistance Scheme
- Free Library membership
- On-site gym at the Sparsholt campus (membership £100 per annum)
- Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, fruit & vegetables, fish and game.
- Access to discounted hair treatments at the Andover campus
- Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications
- Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
There is a nursery on the Sparsholt campus operated by a commercial provider
Here lists any current job openings and opportunities to apply at Andover College or Sparsholt College , should you wish to apply for jobs and join our amazing team: