Skip to main content Skip to footer

Andover College are proud to be a part of the next wave of T Levels

T Levels

Andover College are proud to be a part of the next wave of T Levels

From September 2022, Andover College have been selected to deliver T Levels in a range of subjects, including: Digital, Construction and Health & Science. T Levels are a new, two year qualification developed in collaboration with employers and educational providers to meet the needs of industry and to prepare students for work.

Students aged 16 to 19 will be able to take the T Level qualification which is nationally recognised by universities and employers, and holds UCAS points equivalent to three A Levels.

When taking a T Level qualification, the students will spend 80% of their course in the classroom and the other 20% in an industry placement. Through this they will learn the skills needed in their chosen industry and then be able to put those skills into practice. The students will spend at least 45 days, each year of the course, in their industry placement, giving them valuable experience to help them stand out against the rest.

Our Industry Work Placement team will work closely with T Level students to help them find the perfect industry placement for them. Our Industry Work Placements team have been working with students on a variety of courses for quite some time, to help them find suitable work placement through strong employment links. They are looking forward to being able to do the same for new T Level students.

T Levels will continue to be funded each year to ensure that students taking the qualification have access to industry standard equipment and facilities.

Ben Stokes, Assistant Principal, said: “We are excited to be a part of the next wave of T Level qualifications. This qualification will give students the opportunity to gain a strong knowledge of their chosen industry whilst also gaining valuable work experience. From this, students will be ready to go straight into employment or progress to Higher Education after leaving college.”

T Levels are a big change to the future of technical education and we are proud to be a part of it. Watch this space as we continue to develop and progress, ready for September 2022.