Skip to main content Skip to footer

Fees and Funding

Updated for the 23/24 Academic Year

There are no course fees for anyone enrolling at the College on a full-time course, if they are a UK resident (to check residency refer to information on non-UK residents) and under 19 on 31/8/23*

Anyone aged 19 or over or who is not a UK resident (to check residency refer to information on non-UK residents) or living in a Devolved Funding Area (to check your area and/or postcode refer to information on Devolved Funding Areas) will usually need to pay for their tuition, exam and registration fees though they may be eligible for tuition fee remission^ depending on:

  • the course they enrol on
  • the qualifications they already have
  • if they are in receipt of certain state benefits

To find out more contact our Admissions team on 01264 360018/360030 or e-mail  For courses in our 23/24 Part-time Guide, please check the Fee codes listed – these are also on the Part-time course pages on our website.

For information on International Fees and Funding, please visit our International page here.

*for courses in our 23/24 Part-time Guide, learners aged 16–18 on 31/8/23 and who are eligible to enrol on a course should contact Admissions to ask about fees

^If applicable, all fee remission is subject to availability of Government funding at the start date of a course and eligibility criteria.

All fees quoted on our website and in our PT Guide, are correct at the time of print and may be subject to change.

Updated: 30/5/23

Updated for the 2023/24 Academic Year

From 1 August 2021, EU, other EEA and Swiss nationals and their family members who are not covered by the Withdrawal Agreements** are no longer eligible for home fee status, undergraduate and postgraduate financial support and advanced learner loans from Student Finance England***

EU, other EEA and Swiss nationals, and their family members who are covered by the Withdrawal Agreements will continue to have access to home fee status and student financial support on broadly the same basis as before. Generally this covers those who:

  • were living in the UK prior to 31 December 2020^ having exercised a right to reside under EU law, the EEA Agreement or the Free Movement of Persons Agreement, and;
  • continue to live in the UK after 31 December 2020.

Such persons will generally have applied for pre-settled or settled status under the EU Settlement Scheme (EUSS) before 30 June 2021, and evidence of this will be required before enrolling.

**These eligibility changes do not apply to Irish citizens living in the UK or Ireland whose right to study and to access benefits and services will be preserved on a reciprocal basis for British and Irish citizens under the Common Travel Area arrangement.

***If you are a non-UK resident and want to apply for an Advanced Learning Loan – you might find this information useful:

Student finance: how you’re assessed and paid 2023 to 2024 – GOV.UK (

^those aged 19+ at the start of the course, will need to have pre-settled or settled status and lived continuously in the EEA, Gibraltar or UK for at least the previous 3 years on the first day of learning

Ukrainian Visa Schemes

All Ukrainian adults and their family members supported through the Ukraine Family Scheme and Ukraine Sponsorship Scheme are immediately eligible for FE 19+ funding and are exempt from the 3-year residency requirement as per the current AEB Funding Rules.

Updated: 30/5/23 

Updated for the 23/24 Academic Year

Due to the devolution of adult education funding, we are unable to fund learners from postcodes that are within the mayoral combined authorities (MCA’s) and the Greater London Authority (GLA) listed below.  Use this URL to check your postcode:

Last updated 7/6/23

Devolved Area Funding – check postcode dataset-28-4-23.xlsx

If you are having difficulty working out if you live in a devolved funding area, please contact Admissions on or

If your postcode is in the list so in one of the devolved areas, and you wish to enrol on a course that has a fee code of A, B, C, F, I, K, L, M, please contact us for information on tuition fees either or

These are the Mayoral Combined Authorities and Greater London Authority; they are responsible for administering their own funding.

Map of the mayoral combined authorities (Greater London is not a ‘combined authority’, but is included here for completeness) where existing and ‘promised’ deals are located. Devolution Map | DevoConnect

Cambridge and Peterborough

Greater London

Greater Manchester

Liverpool City Region

North of Tyne Combined Authority

North East

South Yorkshire

Tees Valley

West Midlands

West Yorkshire

West of England

Updated:  30/5/23 (JB)

Students are invoiced for all fees at enrolment and will be expected to settle the payment immediately unless arrangements to pay by instalment have been made. We offer an interest free instalment plan over a ten-month period.

All prospective students are sent up-to-date fee information once an offer of a place has been made and course fee details are finalised, this is usually in July. In the event of new regulations affecting course fees, applicants will be appropriately informed.

If you are experiencing financial difficulties and considering withdrawing your application as a result, please speak to our Admissions team on 01264 360018 or 01264 360030 or email to discuss options which may be available to you.

With the Government Bursary Fund you could receive up to £1,200 to help with the costs of coming to college, if you are in one of the following categories:

  • In care
  • Care leaver
  • Receiving Income Support (IS), or Universal Credit (UC) because you are supporting yourself or financially supporting yourself and someone who is dependant on and living with you.
  • Receiving Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) or Universal Credit (UC) and Disability Living Allowance (DLA) or Personal Independence Payments in your own right

Applications are available from our online registration system or from College reception.

The college has a bursary/discretionary learner support fund if you do not meet the criteria for the 16–18 Bursary Fund or are 19+. If your household income is £32,860 or less per year you could be entitled to financial assistance. Applications are available from our online registration system or from College reception.

The Advanced Learner Loan can cover the cost of tuition fees for a range of level 3 to 6 courses including; A levels, Access to higher Education courses, General and Vocational qualifications.

Repayments don’t begin until you finish the course and are earning over £26,568 a year.

Learners wanting to study with us should apply to college as normal, once you have received an offer for a place and we have our confirmed fees we can then issue you with details of how our courses can be paid and you will also receive a funding and information letter which will contain all the details required to apply for a loan, should this be how you wish to pay for the course.

For further details please visit or for help and money advice please visit

If you are approved for an Advanced Learner Loan then you can also apply for our 19+ Loans Bursary Fund. This can be used to help with travel, books, equipment and childcare costs. Please note this fund cannot be used to assist with living costs.

Find out more 

Are you under 20 and have a child? You could be eligible for help from the Care to Learn Loan Scheme. 

Find out more by visiting 

If you aged 20 or over and your household income is less than £31k a year then you may be eligible for assistance with the cost of childcare via the Discretionary Learner Support Fund. Applications can be found on our online registration system or at College reception.

Are you in the Armed Forces and hoping to study a qualification at Level 3 or above? If so you could be eligible for financial support through the Ministry of Defence’s Enhanced Learning Credits Scheme. You can find out more here

If you are in the UK or coming to the UK on or before 31 December 2020

EU, EEA and Swiss citizens can still come to the UK until the end of the transition period on 31 December 2020.

If you want to stay in the UK after 31 December 2020, you will need to apply for permission to stay under the EU Settlement Scheme.

The deadline for applying is 30 June 2021.

If you intend to arrive in the UK on or after 1 January 2021

If you are an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen and intend to arrive in the UK on or after 1 January 2021, you will need to apply for a student visa under the UK Government’s new Student Route.

You will need to apply before arriving in the UK.

If you began your course in autumn 2020 and have a Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (CAS) issued on or after 5 October 2020, but haven’t yet travelled to the UK, you will need to apply for a student visa under the new Student Route.

Further information about the new Student Route can also be found on the UKCISA website.

For full information on Cancellations and Refunds click here



The 16 to 19 tuition fund is one-off funding for the 2020 to 2021 academic year only. It is intended to mitigate the disruption to learning arising from coronavirus (COVID-19). The funding is being provided to support small group tuition for 16 to 19 students in English, maths, and other courses where learning has been disrupted.

Sparsholt College and Andover College will use its 16-19 Tuition Fund allocation to fund in-year at least five additional English & Maths Intervention Tutors, two to three Progress Coaches and one Learning Support Key Worker to target support at students aged 16-19 who are on full-time study programmes and who will benefit from small group support in achieving Grade 5 or above in English and/or maths and/or their main qualification. We shall focus our additional small group support activity in a dedicated Study Centre from 9am-10.30am, with further additional small group and one-to-one English, maths and main aim study support sessions scheduled between 9am and 7pm.

Full details regarding the government fund can be found here.

If you have any queries regarding funding available from the college please contact 01264 360014 or email