- Employment in public uniformed services
- Public service skills
- Physical preparation, health and lifestyle
- Sport and recreation
- Adventurous outdoor pursuits and expeditions
- Nautical studies, including an optional powerboat course
- Understanding the impact of war, and crime and its effects on society
- Planning and partaking in expeditions
- International institutions
- Citizenship and diversity
You will go on a number of field trips and excursions such as a trip to Spain/France to carry out water based adventurous activities as well as trips to different public services to see them working to gain a real life insight. There are always additional trips such as a yearly skiing trip in the Alps.
What grades will I need?
- Five GCSEs at A*-C/9-4
- Level 2 BTEC Diploma, or equivalent
How will I be assessed?
Coursework and final assessment.
Where will it lead me?
- Higher Education
- Employment in the public and uniformed services
- Police service
- Fire and Rescue Services
- British Army
- Royal Navy
- Royal Air Force
- Outdoor and adventurous activities centre staff