Practical Horticulture RHS – Certificate – Level 3
What will I learn?
Following on from the Level 2 Certificate, this course leads to the RHS Certificate Level 3 in Practical Horticulture. Please note at Level 3 this course is about the management of practical activities as well as the application. The qualification consists of four core units and one optional unit covering the following subject areas:
– Collecting and testing soil samples and specifying adjustments for horticulture
– Collecting, preparing and propagating from seed
– Establishing and maintaining a range of plant types and forms
– Identification of a range of common garden plants, weeds, pests, diseases and disorders
– Planning, collecting, preparing and establishing propagation material (Option)
Whilst there are no formal prerequisites for entry to the Level 3 qualifications, it is strongly recommended that students who undertake this qualification have obtained the RHS Level 2 Certificates or equivalent in relevant subjects before they commence on the course.
Please note RHS assessments – it is intended that students undertake the assessments for RHS in the academic year of registration, this allows for the best chance of success as assessments are taken while the syllabus knowledge is fresh.
Please note that RHS Qualifications across Level 2 and Level 3 are changing for September 2022 therefore, this RHS Level 3 course will be the last course available on the old syllabus. The new syllabus will be available for September 2023.