What will I learn?
This year leads towards a BTEC Level 3 Certificate in Health and Social Care (equivalent to an AS Level).
This year leads towards a BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Health and Social Care (equivalent to an A Level). Within our professional and supportive environment you will have respect for other’s views and opinions, show commitment and take responsibility for reaching your full potential, with a strong emphasis on team work.
• Developing effective communication
• Equality, diversity and rights
• Health, safety and security
• Development Through the Life Stage
You will work alongside professionals in your choice of work placement one day a week to put knowledge learnt into practice. An end of course outing celebrates the successful completion of the course and your achievements.
What grades will I need?
Five GCSEs at A*-C/9-4 (including English Language and Maths or Science) or Distinction in a Level 2 BTEC Diploma (plus a Level 2 English qualification)
How will I be assessed?
Coursework and final assessment.
Where will it lead me?
- You can progress from Certificate to Subsidiary Diploma in Health and Social Care or BTEC Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care
- Higher Education – with other A Levels, a Foundation Degree, BA (Hons), BSc (Hons) or BEd Degree
- Social worker
- Mental health worker
- Nursing and midwifery
- Physiotherapist, occupational therapist and play therapist
- Creche worker
There will be the opportunity for you to study alongside other AS Levels of your choice.