WHAT WILL I LEARN?
An Autocare Technician requires a unique combination of technical, retail and customer service skills. They will use a range of tools, measuring and diagnostic equipment to identify & repair simple system faults.
The Autocare Technician has to demonstrate expertise not only in the technical elements of their role and have a good grasp of the practical and theoretical aspects of the vehicle systems they service, but also needs to have excellent telephone, customer handling (including how to handle difficult customers and deal with customer disappointment) and effective sales skills, as well as strong problem solving and self-organisation skills.
As part of the apprenticeship programme you will be required to undertake both on and off-the-job training. While your employer will be responsible for your training on-the-job (workplace), the College and your employer will be jointly responsible for your off-the-job training enabling you to help develop the right knowledge, skills and behaviours to become competent in your job role.
You will attend College on a day-release basis during term-time for the duration of your programme with us, to gain knowledge and develop some practical skills. This programme has been designed to ensure that:
- Apprentices meet the knowledge, skills, and behaviours as defined within the standard.
- The End-Point Assessment is appropriate, feasible and consistent.
- The process adds value to both the apprentice and employer.
- Spend 30 months on the programme;
- Complete a minimum of 20% off-the-job training;
- Complete an E-Logbook, used to inform the End point assessment team of your progress and achievements throughout your apprenticeship
- Achieve level 1 in English and maths, and attempt level 2, if not previously done so.