How to apply
There are apprenticeships widely available to you across a wide range of professions and industries, and for a wide variety of roles.
There are many ways to apply for apprenticeships:
- Visit GOV.UK and search ‘Apprenticeships’. You can search by keyword (job role, occupation type or Apprenticeship level) and by location. Once the right job comes up, you can simply register on the website and follow the step-by-step instructions to apply for the role.
- Companies looking for apprentices at Andover College/ Sparsholt College are displayed on this page.
- If you are already working for a business, you can ask them to support you in becoming an apprentice.
What to do when applying for an apprenticeship:
- Apprenticeship vacancies will appear throughout the year, just like jobs. When applying, the apprenticeship will give a deadline for applications, and start dates. Don’t wait until the deadline to make an application!
- Research the job to make sure that it is right for you and it is going to benefit your future career.
- If you are still in school, make sure you are going to be finished school before the apprenticeship starts.
- Don’t be shy and don’t undersell yourself. Be confident in your abilities and make sure you can give examples of you skills and capabilities.
- Get someone to check through your application to check for spelling mistakes.
Find out more on the UCAS website
For help and support about apprenticeships in England visit the National Apprenticeships Service (NAS) website, The Amazing Apprenticeships website or call the National Careers Service on 0800 100 900.