There are no course fees for students enrolling at the College if they are an EU citizen and under 19 when your full-time course begins.
If you are over 19 or not an EU citizen you will usually need to pay for your tuition, exam and registration fees though you may be eligible for tuition fee remission depending on:
- The course you enrol on to
- The qualifications you already have
- If you are in receipt of certain state benefits
To find out more contact our Admissions team on 01264 360030 / 360031.
Payment of Fees
Students are invoiced for all fees at enrolment and will be expected to settle the payment immediately unless arrangements to pay by installment have been made. We offer an interest free instalment plan over a ten-month period. Our Finance Team will be happy to assist students in financial difficulties to negotiate payment plans – call 01962 797301.
All prospective students are sent up-to-date fee information once the details are finalised. In the event of new regulations affecting course fees, applicants will be appropriately informed.
If you are experiencing financial difficulties and considering withdrawing your application as a result, please speak to our Student Admin Team first on 01264 360030 to discuss the options open to you.
16-18 Bursary Fund
With the Government Bursary Fund you could receive up to £1,200 to cover your college costs. To be eligible to receive the fund learners should be 16-18 and in one of the following groups:
- In care
- Care leavers
- Receiving Income Support (IS), or Universal Credit (UC) because they are supporting themselves or financially supporting themself and someone who is dependant on and living with them.
- Receiving Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) or Universal Credit (UC) and Disability Living Allowance (DLA) or Personal Independence Payments in their own right
Applications are available from our online registration system or from College reception
Learner Support Funds
We also provide a discretionary fund if you do not meet the criteria for the 16–18 Bursary Fund or are 19+. If your household income is £31k or less per year you could be entitled to financial assistance. Applications are available from our online registration system or from College reception .
Advanced Learner Loans and Bursary Fund
- The Advanced Learner Loan can cover the cost of tuition fees for a range of level 3 to 6 courses including; A levels, Access to higher Education courses, General and Vocational qualifications.
- Repayments don’t begin until you finish the course and are earning over £25,000 a year.
- Apply to college as normal and once you receive a funding and information letter you can complete a loan application.
- For further details please go to gov.uk/advanced-learner-loan or for help and money advice please go to www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/en
If you are approved for an Advanced Learner Loan then you can also apply for our 19+ Loans Bursary Fund. This can be used to help with travel, books, equipment and childcare costs.
Career Development Loan
If you are 19+, but not eligible for a Advanced Learner Loan then you can apply for a Career Development Loan to pay your fees. You don’t have to pay it back until your course finishes! Visit www.gov.uk/career-development-loans
Are you under 20 and have a child? You could be eligible for help from the Care to Learn Loan Scheme.
Find out more by visiting www.gov.uk/care-to-learn
If you aged 20 or over and your household income is less than £31k a year then you may be eligible for assistance with the cost of childcare via the Discretionary Learner Support Fund. Applications can be found on our online registration system or at College reception.
Armed Forces Bursary Fund
Are you in the Armed Forces and hoping to study a qualification at Level 3 or above? If so you could be eligible for financial support through the Ministry of Defence’s Enhanced Learning Credits Scheme. You can find out more here.
Booking Conditions for Part-Time students
For full information on Cancellations and Refunds click here
If you have any queries regarding funding available from the college please contact 01264 360014