What will I learn?
You will learn the skills and theory needed for entry into the vehicle fitting industry or progression to the full Level 2 Award in Light Vehicle Service and Repair.
- Health and safety and housekeeping
- Job roles in motor vehicle
- Materials and measuring in motor vehicle
- Inspection of repair of light vehicle or high performance tyres
- Inspection of exhausts and related components
- Inspection of batteries and related components
- Inspection of brakes and related components
You will go on a number of field trips and excursions such as trips and visits designed to enhance your enjoyment of the course, broaden your knowledge and encourage team spirit including:
- Mercedes World
- Beaulieu National Motor Museum
- Virtual Race Centre
We have a fully equipped motor vehicle workshop complete with a comprehensive range of vehicles, tools and equipment as well as an excellent welding and fabrication facility.
What grades will I need?
Successful completion of Level 1 IMI Diploma in Transport Maintenance or four GCSEs at A*-D/9-3 to include Maths, English and Science
How will I be assessed?
Coursework and final assessment.
Where will it lead me?
Level 2 Diploma in Light Vehicle Service and Repair Principles
- Tyre fitting
- Exhaust fitting
- Brake fitting
- Battery fitting
- Some secondary learning goals
- Level 1 MIG Welding Skills