What will I learn?
- The importance of food safety
- Types of contamination/Bacteriogy
- Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP)
- The law and food safety
- Legal responsibilities of food handlers
- Personal hygiene in food safety
- Keeping the work area and equipment clean and tidy
- Design of work flow, work surfaces and equipment
- Pest control
- Safe food handling practices and temperature controls
- Stock control procedure
Learners will need to complete and pass a multiple choice question paper and gain a score of at least 20 out of 30 to be considered for a Pass.
Who is the qualification for?
Learners must be at least 16 years old on the first day of the training.
There are no other formal entry requirements but to benefit from the learning we advise that Learners have a minimum of Level 1 in literacy or numeracy or equivalent.
Some possible routes of progression are:
• Level 3 Award in Supervising Food Safety in Catering (QCF)
Please contact Sparsholt Business via email email@example.com or call 0845 850 0916 to speak to Bianca Parker for further information.