This course, in combination with A Levels in other disciplines, seeks to support you if you are intending to progress on to Higher Education or applying for your chosen public service career.
Year 1 units include:
- Unit 1 – Government Policies
- Unit 2 – Teamwork and Leadership
- Unit 3 – Citizenship
- Unit 4 – Discipline
- Unit 5 – Physical Prep
- Unit 8 – Impact of War
- Unit 17 – Police Powers
- Unit 30 – Practical Team Sport
- Unit 31 – Exercise, Health and Lifestyle
- Student Watch
Year 2 units include:
- Unit 9 – Outdoor Adventurous Activities
- Unit 10 – Land Based
- Unit 12 – Crime and Effects
- Unit 13 – Command and Control
- Unit 14 – Responding to Emergencies
- Unit 15 – Planning for Major Incidents
- Unit 29 – Security Procedures
- Unit 30 – Practical Team Sports
- Unit 32 – Instructing Physical Activity
This course actively takes part in trips, including Bournemouth Aviation Centre, and a residential to Longmoor Barracks to experience life as a new recruit. With regular visits and presentations from the Police, Army, Ambulance service and RAF, this course will provide all you need to develop your knowledge and understanding of working life in the public services.
What grades will I need?
- Five GCSEs at A*-C/9-4
- Level 2 BTEC Diploma, or equivalent
How will I be assessed?
Coursework and final assessment.
Where will it lead me?
- Higher Education
- Employment in the public and uniformed services
- Police service
- Fire and Rescue Services
- British Army
- Royal Navy
- Royal Air Force
- Outdoor and adventurous activities centre staff