What will I learn?
- Democracy and Participation
- Voting Behaviour & the Media
- Political Parties
- Core Political Ideas (Conservatism, Liberalism & Socialism)
- US Constitution
- Civil Rights
Your assessment for A-Level Politics is exam based. This will involve three formal exams at the end of the two year programme. You will be assessed on your knowledge and understanding of UK Government, UK Politics, and US Politics. This will involve some analysis of external sources which may take the form of speeches, polls or graphs which you must link clearly with your own knowledge.
What grades will I need?
Five GCSE’s at A*-C/9-4 (including Maths) with a 5 or above in English.
Where will it lead me?
- BA (Hons) Politics
- BA (Hons) International Relations
- BA (Hons) Philosophy, Politics and Economics
- BA (Hons) Contemporary History
- Political Advisor
- Foreign Relations