What will I learn?
You will be taught dance, acting and voice work, how to run a show from start to finish and take your own production on tour.
You will plan and create your own performance as a theatre company. Including directing and producing your own pieces. You will experience different styles of performance from physical theatre, cutting edge contemporary theatre and monologues to pantomime.
The first year of the course leads to a BTEC Level 3 90 Credit Diploma (equivalent to one and a half A Levels). The second year course leads to BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma (equivalent to three A Levels)
- TV film acting
- Performance workshop
- Movement in performance
- Contemporary theatre
- Drama improvisation
- Performing arts business
- Auditions for acting
You will go on a number of field trips and excursions such as theatre visits and trips in order to contextualise and support your learning and development.
You will also take part in a theatre tour travelling around the county performing at numerous venues with daytime and evening performances.
What grades will I need?
Five GCSEs at Grade A*-C/9-4
How will I be assessed?
Coursework and final assessment.
Where will it lead me?
- With other Level 3 qualifications alongside the 90 Credit Diploma or continuing onto the Extended Diploma
- University, drama or dance school to complete a performing arts degree
- Further theatre studies courses
- Actor/Actress, for Stage, Screen
- Theatre Management: Box Office, Front of House, Press Director, Public Relations
- Production: Casting Director, Director, Backstage Crew, Broadcast Technician, Rigger
- Performer for Cabaret, Children’s Theatre, Community Theatre, Media Presenter, Media Commentator, Radio Presenter
- Costume Designer
- Teacher or Drama Coach
- Event Management