What are the benefits for employers?
PAT Testing is required to ensure your business complies with The Electricity At Work Regulations 1989 and many insurance companies will insist this is done before they will issue or renew a policy.
What does the qualification cover?
This course gives guidance on the maintenance of electrical equipment used in places of work in compliance with legislation and statutory requirements. It involves both theory and practical exercises, allowing delegates to use their own Testers to gain the skills and knowledge of testing equipment in a safe manner.
The one day programme will cover:
- Knowledge, experience and practical skills to do the PAT testing
- Identifying and predicting electrical problems
- Be able to assess what PAT testing results mean
- Knowledge to deal with any problems that PAT testing identifies
- How to deal with any PAT testing failures
- Being conversant with the Code of Practice for in-service inspection and testing of electrical equipment
Who is the qualification for?
This course is suitable for anyone working with PAT Testers and carrying out tests within their own workplace. On completion of this course, delegates will have an understanding of the legal requirements, explain the differences between Class 1, 2 and 3 equipment, be able to carry out tests in a safe manner and be a competent person as a PAT Tester.
- Please bring your own Tester Unit and Instructions for use with you to the course
- Course cost is £125.00 per candidate
Please contact Sparsholt Business via email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0845 850 0916 to speak to Bianca Parker for further information.