What does the qualification cover?
This course is a mix of theory and practical and is run by trained emergency service personnel. Each delegate will receive a first aid manual, certification and registration as well as gaining the knowledge and confidence to become a competent paediatric first aider.
Basic life saving First Aid and workplace Health and Safety Regulations, including:
- Roles and responsibilities of a first aider
- Assessment of an emergency situation
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation
- Management of a seizure
- Choking / wounds and bleeding / shock
- Fractures, dislocations, sprains and strains
- Head and spinal injuries
- Eye and ear injuries
- Other medical conditions: sickle cell / diabetes / asthma / meningitis
Body temperature / electricity / burns and scalds / poisons / bites and stings
- Delegates need to complete and pass five practical assessments which involves kneeling, bending and carrying out resuscitation techniques
- Some reasonable adjustments can be made to the assessments so please ensure you ask upon booking
- Two theoretical assessment (multiple choice question paper) are also required to be completed and passed by delegates
- A Paediatric First Aid Certificate, valid for three years will be posted to delegates at the end of the course
- Please ensure correct name is submitted on the booking form for on-line registration and certificates as there will be a £5.00 charge should certificates be mislaid, damaged or if there are miss-spelt names
Please contact Sparsholt Business via email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0845 850 0916 to speak to Bianca Parker for further information.