What will I learn?
Our Music Academy stands in its own grounds, creating an exclusive learning space, including a new high spec music technology room just for music students. The recording studio enables you to make your own CDs on professional equipment.
In Year 1 you will achieve a 90 Credit Diploma in Music (equivalent to one and a half A Levels). In Year 2 you will gain an Extended Diploma in Music (equivalent to three A Levels).
- Music performance techniques
- Music theory and harmony
- Contemporary song writing techniques
- Composing music
- Singing techniques and performance
- Aural perception skills
- Improvising music
- Live music workshop
- Working and developing as a musical ensemble
- Classical or pop music in practice
- Music performance session styles
- Marketing and promoting in the music industry
- Studying music from around the world
Visits / Performances
Throughout the year you will perform in organised gigs and shows. All of these performances will be assessed as part of the course. Trips include visits to higher education institutions to experience Level 4/5 work.
What grades will I need?
- Five GCSEs at A*-C/9-4 and audition
- Some prior knowledge of music theory is an advantage
How will I be assessed?
Coursework and final assessment.
Where will it lead me?
- Higher Education in conjunction with other vocational qualifications and/ or A Levels
- Foundation degree or Honours degree in music or related subjects
- Music production
- Events management and promotion
- Industry promotions