What will I learn?
You will get a real feel for the motor vehicle industry, using the latest industry equipment. You will also learn basic health and safety and develop your communication and hand skills on this course.
- Health and safety practices
- Tool, equipment and materials
- SI engine systems
- Engine cooling and lubrication systems
- Steering and suspension systems
- Vehicle braking systems
- Routine vehicle maintenance
- Wheels and tyres maintenance
- Vehicle electricity
- Vehicle lighting system
- Driveline maintenance
You will go on a number of field trips and excursions such as trips and visits designed to enhance your enjoyment of the course, broaden your knowledge and encourage team spirit including:
- Mercedes World
- Beaulieu National Motor Museum
We have a fully equipped motor vehicle workshop complete with a comprehensive range of vehicles, tools and equipment as well as an excellent welding and fabrication facility.
What grades will I need?
Four GCSEs at F/2 to include Maths and English. Evidence of a basic education and enthusiasm for motor vehicles will be sought at interview.
How will I be assessed?
Coursework and final assessment.
Where will it lead me?
- Level 2 Diploma in Vehicle Fitting Principles
- Level 2 Diploma in Vehicle Service and Repair
Motor industry or other areas where basic engineering skills are required