What will I learn?
Your previous study of the systems found on light vehicles will enable you to diagnose complex faults and repair them, and prepare you for working in the motor industry or going to university.
Our lecturers are passionate about passing on their knowledge and skills to the motor vehicle repair technicians of the future.
- Diagnosis and rectification of vehicle auxiliary electrical faults
- Diagnosis and rectification of light vehicle engine faults
- Diagnosis and rectification of light vehicle chassis system faults
- Overhauling light vehicle engine mechanical units
- Diagnosis and rectification of light vehicle transmission and driveline faults
You will go on a number of field trips and excursions such as trips and visits designed to enhance your enjoyment of the course, broaden your knowledge and encourage team spirit including:
- World Rally Championships in Wales
- Auto Sport International Show
- Engineering visit
We have a fully equipped motor vehicle workshop complete with a comprehensive range of vehicles, tools and equipment as well as an excellent welding and fabrication facility.
What grades will I need?
- Level 2 IMI Diploma in Vehicle Service and Repair
- Four GCSEs at A*-D/9-3 to include Maths and English at grade 4
How will I be assessed?
Coursework and final assessment.
Where will it lead me?
- Higher Education Level 4 Motor Sport courses
Semi-skilled Service Technician
C&G Level 2 MIG and Gas Welding.