What does the qualification cover?
This course is a mix of theory and practical and is run by trained emergency service personnel. Each delegate will receive a first aid manual, certification and registration as well as gaining the knowledge and confidence to become a competent first aider.
Basic life saving First Aid and workplace Health and Safety Regulations, including;
- Roles and responsibilities of a first aider
- Incident and casualty assessment
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation
- External bleeding and shock
- Minor injuries
Please note: The respiratory system, hypoxia, chest injuries, asthma and hyperventilation, circulatory system, wounds and bleeding, eye injuries, shock and fainting, anaphylaxis, angina, heart attack, stroke “brain attack”, burns and scalds, poisons, skeletal system (injuries to bones and joints), sprains, strains, spinal injuries, head injuries, secondary survey, diabetes and epilepsy are NOT covered on this course. Attendance of a three day First Aid at Work course is required to cover these topics.
- Delegates need to complete and pass three practical assessments which involves kneeling, bending and carrying out resuscitation techniques
- Some reasonable adjustments can be made to the assessments so please ensure you ask upon booking
- A theoretical assessment (multiple choice question paper) is also required to be completed and passed by delegates
- An Emergency First Aid at Work Certificate, valid for three years will be posted to delegates at the end of the course
- Please ensure correct name is submitted on the booking form for on-line registration and certificates as there will be a £5.00 charge should certificates be mislaid, damaged or if there are miss-spelt names
Want to know more before you book? Please email us at email@example.com or call 0845 850 0916 to speak to one of our advisors to find out more.