What will I learn?
Our lecturers have a professional background in the health and social care sector. During your year, guest speakers and off-site visits to local care providers will give you an insight into a variety of different settings, as well as planning and taking part in a leisure activity with those who have additional needs.
• Individual rights
• Individual needs
• Work experience in a Health and Social Care setting -100 hours
• Ensuring a safe environment
• Cultural diversity
• Creative and therapeutic activities
• The impact of diet on health
What grades will I need?
Four GCSEs at A*-D/9-3 (including English Language)
How will I be assessed?
As part of the course you will sit two exams. The remaining units are assessed through a range of methods such as leaflets, posters and essay writing.
Where will it lead me?
- Level 3 bridging course in Health and Social Care
- Level 3 Certificate in Health and Social Care (alongside other Level 3 qualifications)
- Level 3 Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care
- Level 3 Childcare
• Social care worker
• Support worker
• Health care assistant
• Domiciliary care worker
• Nursery assistant
• Pre-school worker
• Crèche worker
• Learning support assistant
• After school clubs
• Special needs learning support assistant
• GCSE Maths and English or Functional Skills.
• Level 2 Employability Skills.