What will I learn?
Our Academy develops your potential whilst working towards a sports qualification at either Level 2 or 3. The BTEC qualification will provide future opportunities to progress into a sport/football related career. This is built around our football programme with academy training three times per week and is supplemented by a comprehensive match programme, which includes FA Youth Cup, Conference Youth Alliance League, the Hampshire Colleges Football League and the South West Counties Youth League
You will be required to purchase your training kit which is approximately £160.
Additional extras may include:
• FA Level 1 Coaching Certificate
• Football Development Tour (international football)
• FA Level 2 Coaching Certificate (available only via selection)
• Pitch side first aid
• Two weeks work experience in the sports industry
• Optional Active IQ Level 2
What grades will I need?
- Level 3 – Five GCSEs at A*-C/9-4 (to include English)
- Level 2 – Four GCSEs at D/3 or above
Where will it lead me?
• Foundation Degree/Degree in sport/fitness related field
• Advanced Apprenticeships in Sports Coaching
- Professional and semi-professional football
- Football coaching careers
- Employment in sports, fitness and/or leisure related fields