*Between the 29th of June and 12th of July first year A Level students will need to undertake work experience.
- Telling Stories
- Exploring Conflict: writing about society and dramatic encounters
- Making connections in literary texts
You will go on theatre trips to see performances of Shakespeare’s plays, as well as more contemporary performances and visits from authors and playwrights such as Owen Sheers.
What grades will I need?
Five GCSEs at A*-C/9-4 (including a C/5 or above in English Language and English Literature)
BTEC Level 2 Qualifications considered in subject related courses.
- Higher education and degrees
- Teaching (subject specialism or primary teaching)
- Journalism and media
- Writer (novelist, poet, playwright, screenwriter)
There are opportunities to complete an Extended Project Qualification in any areas relating to Language, Literature or Creative Writing.