What will I learn?
The theory and practical elements involved in working with children from 0-11 years and 11 months.
- Child Development from Birth to 11 Years 11 Months
- Play and Learning
- Exploring Legislation
- The Role of the Childcare Practioner
- Physical Development and Physical Activity
You will have the opportunity to work alongside professionals in work placement two days a week, starting as soon as your DBS checks have arrived been passed.
What grades will I need?
Four GCSEs at D/3 or above (including English and Maths)
How will I be assessed?
You will cover 6 units related to all aspects of Early Years education and care. You have to pass each unit to achieve the Technical Certificate, along with placement and a short answer exam.
Where will it lead me?
- Level 3 Certificate in Childcare and Education EYE (1 year course) equivalent to 3 AS grades
- Level 3 Diploma in Childcare and Education EYE 2nd year Equivalent to 3 A level grades and professional licence to practice
- Level 3 Apprenticeship
• Nursery assistant
• Pre-school worker
• Cr̬eche worker
• Teaching assistant
• Learning Support Assistant
• Mother’s help
• Travel company play assistant
• After school clubs
• Special needs assistant
• Children’s activities leaders
Improve your Maths and English in GCSE or Functional Skills.