What will I learn?
Work experience is a key element to the course, and as well as going out twice weekly you will also have the privilege of working in a setting for block placements.
• Understanding children’s development
• Keeping children safe
• Communication with children and adults
• Preparing and maintaining environments
• Providing support for children with disabilities or special educational needs
• Professional development, roles and responsibilities in child care
You will have the opportunity to work alongside professionals in work placement two days a week, starting as soon as your DBS checks have been passed. You will have the opportunity to work in a pre-school, school or day nursery which will provide the opportunity for you to put the classroom theory into practice.
What grades will I need?
Four GCSEs at D/3 or above (including English and Maths)
How will I be assessed?
You will cover 16 units related to all aspects of Early Years education and care. You have to pass each unit to achieve the Certificate.
Where will it lead me?
- Level 3 Certificate in Childcare and Education EYE (1 year course) equivalent to 3 AS grades
- Level 3 Diploma in Childcare and Education EYE 2nd year Equivalent to 3 A level grades and professional licence to practice
- Level 3 Apprenticeship
• Nursery assistant
• Pre-school worker
• Cr̬eche worker
• Teaching assistant
• Mother’s help
• Travel company play assistant
• After school clubs
• Special needs assistant
• Children’s activities leaders
Improve your Maths and English in GCSE or Functional Skills.