*Between the 29th of June and 12th of July first year A Level students will need to undertake work experience.
- Interpreting Drama – this unit allows you to develop knowledge and understanding of the theatrical processes and practices involved in interpreting and performing theatre. The unit examines how conventions, forms and techniques are used in drama and live theatre to create meaning
- Process and Performance – this unit is assessed practically. You are able to choose your role such as performer, lighting designer, director or costume designer. You must learn how to create and develop ideas to communicate meaning as part of the theatre making process
- Guidance on Theatrical Skills – this unit provides an extension of unit two and, depending on the role you have selected, you will be expected to develop the skills and techniques required to perform the role. As a performer, you would need to learn how to interpret characters and roles that contribute positively to the overall effect of the performance
- Prescribed Practitioners – depending on the role you have selected, you will be required to explore a specified practitioner and the approach or role they have taken in the past in order to support your development further
In previous years, award winning theatre companies have visited to run drama workshops focussing on innovative rehearsal techniques and practical exploration of set texts. Trips are also arranged to see high end theatre productions in London for you to experience live contemporary performances.
What grades will I need?
Five GCSEs at A*-C/9-4 (including a C/5 or above in English Language or Literature)
BTEC Level 2 Qualifications considered in subject related courses
No previous experience in drama necessary but enthusiasm for the subject essential
Where will it lead me?
- Degrees in Performing Arts, Acting or Drama School
- Teacher training with a focus on Drama
- Professional acting (stage, film, television, screen)
- Television presenter
- Performing artist
- Theatre directing or production
- Theatre and arts management
- Teaching drama or coaching actors