What will I learn?
This is a more advanced programme which will develop your trade skills to a recognised industry standard. We have two workshops, with individual workstations / benches for you to develop your practical skills.
- Health, safety and welfare in construction and associated industries
- Understand information, quantities and communication with others
- Understanding construction technology
- Prepare and use carpentry and joinery portable power tools
- Carry out first fixing operations
- Carry out second fixing operations
- Carry out structural carcassing operations
- Carry out maintenance to non-structural carpentry work
Completion of a Level 1 Diploma in Carpentry & Joinery, or an equivalent qualification. GCSEs at D/3 or above (including Maths or Functional Skills in English and Maths at Level 1).
Fast-track to Level 2 Apprenticeship in Site Carpentry or Bench Joinery or straight into employment.
You will also get involved with charity fundraising activities with local and national employers and voluntary organisations which provide community skills valued by employers.