What will I learn?
The course objectives are to achieve an understanding of:
- Climate change and greenhouse gases;
- Monitoring, measuring and reducing carbon emissions;
- Carbon management measures including carbon foot printing, carbon trading, carbon offsetting, CRC and more;
- Developing and managing carbon accounting systems.
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Understand the drivers and mechanisms of climate change and the sources of greenhouse gases;
- Identify, monitor and measure sources of carbon within your organisation;
- Understand how to develop and manage a carbon accounting system;
- Identify the drivers and benefits of implementing carbon management measures;
- Identify examples of how to manage and reduce carbon emissions in your organisation.
Where will it lead me?
This course will equip you with the knowledge to develop and manage carbon accounting systems and be able to quantify your organisations carbon emissions. It will enable you to identify opportunities to reduce carbon in your business and encourage you to consider what you will need to do to ensure the opportunities are cost effective. You will be able to effectively communicate the benefits of carbon management.
All delegates will be issued with a certificate upon completion of this IEMA Certified Carbon Management course.