What will I learn?
You will need to have an interest in construction and be able to cope with the physical requirements of working in this industry. The course is designed to prepare you for a career in construction so you will need to show you are a good team player and be flexible to carry out other duties when required.
• Health, safety and welfare in construction and associated industries
• Understand information, quantities and communication with others
• Set out masonry structures
• Construct solid walling incorporating piers and arches
• Construct cavity walling forming masonry structures
• Construct masonry cladding
Completion of a Level 1 Diploma in Bricklaying, or an equivalent qualification. GCSEs at D/3 or above (including Maths or Functional Skills in English and Maths at Level 1).
How will I be assessed?
Coursework and final assessment.
Fast-track to Level 2 Apprenticeship in Trowel Occupations or straight into employment.