What will I learn?
You will need to have an interest in construction and be able to cope with the physical requirements of working in this industry. The course is designed to prepare you for a career in construction so you will need to show you are a good team player and be flexible to carry out other duties when required.
- Health, safety and welfare in construction and associated industries
- Knowledge of technical information, quantities and communication with others
- Knowledge of construction technology
- Setting out for basic masonry structures
- Mix construction materials
- Construct block walling
- Construct brick walling
- Construct cavity walling
GCSEs at D to E/3–2 (plus a favourable report from school).
How will I be assessed?
Coursework and final assessment.
Level 2 Apprenticeships in Trowel Occupations or straight into employment.