What will I learn?
You will flourish if you are passionate about your chosen area and are keen to go beyond the classroom whether it is out of personal interest or for career purposes. Science is, and should be, hands-on so you are expected to fully engage with practical experiments.
A range of trips are planned in order to ensure the course has a true vocational feel to it.
Three specialist units are selected; these could include any of the following:
- Using mathematical tools in science
- Mathematical calculations for science
- Informatics in science
- Biochemistry and biomechanical techniques
- Diseases and infections
- Physiology of human regulation and reproduction
- Microbiological techniques
- Genetics and genetic engineering
- Medical physics techniques
- Biomedical science techniques
What grades will I need?
- Five GCSEs at A*-C/9-4 (including English, Maths and Science)
- BTEC Level 3 Certificate in Applied Science
How will I be assessed?
Coursework and final assessment.
Where will it lead me?
Higher Education – Foundation or BSc Degree in: