What will I learn?
You will flourish if you are passionate about your chosen area and are keen to go beyond the classroom whether it is out of personal interest or for career purposes. Science is, and should be, hands-on so you are expected to fully engage with practical experiments.
Three specialist units are selected; these could include any of the following:
- Using mathematical tools in science
- Mathematical calculations for science
- Informatics in science
- Physiology of human body systems
- Microbiological techniques
- Biochemistry and biomechanical techniques
- Physiology of human regulation and reproduction
- Genetics and genetic engineering
- Principles of plant and soil science
You have access to well-equipped laboratories which have been recently modernised and been much admired as a great practical learning space as well as support from our science technicians.
What grades will I need?
- Five GCSEs at A*-C9-/4 (including English, Maths and Science)
- BTEC Level 3 Certificate in Applied Science
How will I be assessed?
Coursework and final assessment.
Where will it lead me?
Higher Education – Foundation or BSc Degree in: