Mission, Beliefs and Values
Our mission is: “To inspire learners to recognise and achieve their full potential.”
We believe in and value:
- Team work
- Valuing others
We are committed to providing access and the delivery of high quality learning programmes and opportunities that meet your individual and collective needs. You are at the heart of everything we do and each and every one of you matters to us. We prepare you for life through developing your personal endeavour, enterprise and commitment to your course of study, together with preparing you for employment life. A detailed copy of our college charter is given to all full-time and part-time students.
Each and every one of you plays an important role in our achievements and reputation. As a student we ask you to:
- Comply with our Code of Conduct, Health and Safety and other regulations
- Show 100% commitment to your course, attend all classes, be punctual and hand in your work on time
- Take care of your property
- Conduct yourself in a manner which shows consideration for all members of our community and is not detrimental to our reputation
- Take shared responsibility for your own learning experience
Our Codes of behaviour and Good Practice
We have an obligation to all of you, whether you are a full-time or part-time student, commercial client or summer visitor. We take your safety very seriously and therefore ask you to stay safe and tell us if you ever see anyone treating another person in a way you are not comfortable with.
Codes of behaviour and good practice help us meet these obligations. We publish a students’ handbook on Moodle at the start of the year and include details of our rules of good behaviour and practice. Our Code of Practice is designed to:
- Keep people free from harassment or nuisance
- Keep people safe
- Facilitate learning
If you would like further guidance please contact the Head of Student Support on 01264 360090.