Preparing for your Exams
Revision tips from Andover College
1. Find out what you need to know – where and when are your exams?
2. Write a revision checklist
3. Make a revision plan – break each topic in to 30 minute chunks
4. Find somewhere quiet to work
5. Make your own revision notes – read your class notes, check Moodle; you’ll learn as you write
6. Look after yourself by taking a 5 minute break after every half-hour as opposed to a 30 minute break after five hours
7. Rewrite and cut down as you go – making your revision notes smaller means they’re easier to manage
8. Some students record their important notes and play them back
9. Or, read your notes aloud – again this has been proven to work!
10. Do past exam papers. Pay attention to how the questions are written
11. For science and maths type subjects, it is useful to practice solving problems, rather than just revising theory.
Further help and suggestions:
Biology students - check out these useful websites
http://www.snabonline.com (ask the Biology department for a SNAB Logins needed)