Music BTEC Level 3 Diploma
- 2 years
- Full Time or Part Time:
- Time Of Day:
- Dates #1:
- 09/09/2013 - 26/06/2015
About This Course
Level: Level 3
You will study a range of music styles and learn new performance skills. By the end of the course you will have performed in our own studio theatre and at a variety of other venues, culminating in the preparation and delivery of a substantial music event.
Staff are experienced professional performers including vocals, guitar, world music, brass and keyboard skills. The Music Academy stands in its own grounds and has a range of fully equipped practice rooms along with a large recital room, a study centre and teaching spaces. Theory classes will be held in a new high spec music technology room. The recording studio enables you to make your own CDs on professional equipment.
You need to have an interest in a wide range of musical styles especially pop music from the 1950s through to the present day. Bring your own instrument to sessions.
Trips include visits to higher education institutions to experience Level 4 / 5 work.
Where Could This Course Take Me?
- In conjunction with other vocational qualifications and / or A Levels, this course could lead you to a Foundation degree an Honours degree in Music or a related subject
- Music production
- Events management
- Industry promotions
The course is a combination of practical and theoretical work. You need to be prepared to work hard at both and it is essential that you are committed to performing in a group.
There are expectations throughout the year that you perform in college organised gigs and shows. All of these performances will be assessed as part of the course.
- Five GCSEs at A* to C. Some prior knowledge of music theory is an advantage
- You must have proven performance / instrument skills. All students will be auditioned so we can assess your music performance abilities
- Music performance techniques
- Music theory and harmony
- Contemporary song writing techniques
- Aural perception skills
- Improvising music
- Live music workshop
- Working and developing as a musical ensemble
- Classical or pop music in practice
- Music performance session styles
There are opportunities to add a Certificate in:
- Events Support
- Subsidiary Diplomas
- A Levels in a variety of subjects